Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Pure Randomness

Photobucket

1. Sometimes I underestimate my kids. I had a dentist appointment this week and didn't have anyone to watch the kids. So I had them pack up their book bags with a few of their favorite toys. Despite that, I was dreading the appointment and just knew that they would be a handful. They were angels. When I realized that I was surprised, I thought to myself "Why??" They are great kids and instead of expecting the worst from them, I should give them a chance and have a little faith in them.

2. Periodontal scraping is pure evil.

3. Diet A&W Root Beer is fantastic! Last weekend, I even concocted an alcoholic beverage featuring Vanilla Vodka, Diet A&W, and vanilla ice cream. Heavenly.

4. Those OAMC (Once a Month Cooking) gals really may be on to something. I cooked and shredded 5 lbs. of chicken last week and it was so great to have that on hand to make enchiladas, chicken salad, nachos, and pizza. It took next to no time to do but saved me SO much time when I went to whip up dinner.

Photobucket

5. The bigger the dog, the bigger the baby. Over the past two days Layla has decided that she is too scared to cross the one inch of crate necessary to exit. And that it's just a better idea to sit in her crate and whimper. It's quite pitiful. MJ and I have entice her to come out by laying a carrot on the floor.

6. Potty training your kids is overrated. Now that bubba is potty trained (no accidents in 3 days!), most of my day consists of running him to the bathroom every time he feels the slightest urge to pee. Which is kind of what the point of potty training is, but terribly inconvenient for me.

7. The Girl Scouts are robbing people blind. I bought a box of the lemon cookies for MJ and they were $3.50! For about 12 cookies. Considering it took us two days to eat the box, I'd say that's a waste of money.

8. Muppets Take Manhattan is timeless. It was great 15 years ago, and it's still great today. The kids and I have been singing "Together Again" all week. I'm sure it's been quite enjoyable for Alby.

9. Pita bread will now be a staple in our house. I randomly gave the kids some turkey in a pita and they gulped it down. Since then anything and everything that I've put in a pita they have loved.

10. I started this post yesterday and am just now finishing it. That's sad.

No comments: