Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Worth Repeating

My little gal, bless her heart, is like any other child and can't list patience as one of her virtues. The other day, I was in the middle of washing dishes and she was asking me repeatedly for a drink. I calmly explained to her "honey, mommy has a lot that she does every day and you have to remember to give mommy a minute. I am busy and do laundry, clean, makes meals, run errands, and I can't always do what you want right away." She listened very intently, and I knew I had gotten through to her.

A little while later, I overheard MJ and Bubba up in her room. Bubba was trying with all his might to get his sister to play with him. This was her response: "I'm a very busy girl and I'm so sorry but I can't play with you right now. I have to color, play barbies, watch Max & Ruby, eat dinner. You just have to be patient with me, alright Bubba?"

It was SO. Ridiculously. Cute. And a good reminder that my days need to resemble my daughter's a bit more. I didn't decide to stay at home with my babies so I could spend the whole day cleaning.

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait for tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep.

No comments: