Friday, February 5, 2010

Three Years Old

Sweet Boy,
Well, I had a nice Batman themed birthday party planned for you, but Mother Nature had other things in mind for your birthday. As I type this, we are in the midst of a huge Nor'easter and can expect 18-24 inches of snow. Not quite the day I had in mind, but I'm thinking it may be a blessing in disguise because now we can celebrate the day of your birth with just our little family. Sounds perfect to me.

Photobucket

What can I say about you bubba? You have the unique ability to be the most lovable and most frustrating little dude that ever lived. That's probably not a fair statement - you are just a typical, wild little boy - but I spend all day with you, everyday, and put up with your antics, so I'm allowed to call you frustrating.

Photobucket

You make me laugh - the kind of laugh that I can't control. You make the funniest faces and bring smiles to complete strangers' faces. I predict that you will be nominated "Class Clown" in high school. You are such a boy, the exact definition of the word, but you talk in the sweetest baby voice. You are a complete mama's boy and always want me to carry you, hug you, and dress you. I eat it up because I know it won't always be this way.

Photobucket

You have started coming into bed with us in the middle of the night. You always come to my side of the bed and climb in with me. But when I wake up you are all snuggled up and warm, right in between your dad and I. I really treasure the mornings with you. You call me "my precious."

Photobucket

You are growing up right before my eyes. In the past week you have become completely potty trained. You are speaking complete, full sentences, and surprising me everyday with your vocabulary. You amaze me. You are such a sweet-hearted little boy, and I'm so very blessed to be your mom. Happy birthday my precious.

I love you to pieces,
mama

No comments: